The first thing you do when making your SharePoint site mobile ready, is enabling the web feature “Mobile Browser View.”
A typical screen that meets you at this point is this:
It doesn’t make any sense on a mobile! You don’t want to see “Site Assets”, “Reusable Content”, “Form Templates” and so on. First and foremost you want Document Libraries!
The good news is you can hide them – using SharePoint Designer!
- Download SharePoint Designer 2013 – if you already have it, open it.
- Open the site you want to modify
- Go to Lists and Libraries
- Click on one of the libraries, f.ex. Style Library if you have it in your view.
Check off Hide from browser
- Save (CTRL+S)
- Do the same with all the libraries/lists you want to hide
- You’re good to go!